Developmental Disabilities: (410) 996-5140
The Community Services Coordination Program provides targeted case management services for eligible Cecil County adults and children with developmental disabilities. Services include assessment, planning, service coordination, resource access, monitoring, and advocacy. For more information about the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Association, click here.
The mission of the Cecil County Health Department Community Services Coordination Program is to provide leadership to assure the full participation of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in all aspects of community life in the least restrictive environment; and to promote the ability of individuals and families to access quality support and services necessary to achieve optimal health and safety, social integration, independence and productivity.
Coordination of Community Services
The Cecil County Health Department Division of Special Populations is contracted by the Eastern Shore Regional Office of the Developmental Disabilities Administration to assist people with developmental disabilities who have applied for services.
Coordinators of Community Services are Cecil County Health Department employees who provide case management services to eligible individuals and their families in the development of plans to meet their needs.
The process of determining eligibility for DDA funded services, including coordination of community services, begins with the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration. Interested individuals or someone acting on their behalf should begin the process by going to the website (http://dda.dhmh.maryland.gov/pages/howtoapply.aspx) and completing an online application. The application may be completed electronically and then printed or completed by hand and then mailed to the Eastern Shore Regional Office whose address is listed on the last page of the application.
- Assess the individualís urgency of need for DDA-funded services.
- Inform individuals/families about community services and supports
- Suggest, plan for, locate, and advocate for services to meet the individual's strengths preferences and needs.
- Assist individuals in advocating for themselves.
- Coordinate residential, day, and support services, review the funding information and prepare the necessary paperwork for the Eastern Shore Regional DDA office.
- Conduct psychological and behavioral assessments and develop behavioral intervention plans and training
- Review services periodically to insure they continue to meet the individual's needs, outcomes are being met and plans are being implemented.
- Talk to people about their dreams and experiences so that plans are accurate and up to date.
Provide community education.
Serving Harford and Cecil Counties
P.O. Box 170, Bel Air, MD 21014
Phone: 410-272-3712 x 1400
The ARC Northern Chesapeake Region|
Bayside Community Network, Inc.|
Chesapeake Care Resources, Inc.|
North East, MD
United Needs and Abilities|