NEW HealthCare For more families!
Effective July 1, 2008, Medical Assistance for Families will provide comprehensive health care to many parents and other family members caring for children. Eligibility depends on family size and income. The annual income limit is about $27,821 for a family of three. Medical Assistance for Families will provide free health services including:
- Low-cost or free prescriptions;
- Doctor visits;
- Emergency room visits;
- Hospital stays;
- X-ray and lab services; and,
- Many other services.
Visit the program website at https://mmcp.dhmh.maryland.gov/chp/SitePages/Home.aspx for more information.
What is the Maryland Children's Health Program?
The Maryland Children's Health Program (MCHP) provides health insurance coverage for children up to age 19, and pregnant women of any age residing in Cecil County and the State of Maryland.
Who is eligible for the program?
- Children under age 19, who are not eligible for Medicaid, and whose countable income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL);
- Pregnant women of any age, whose countable income is at or below 250% FPL;
- Uninsured (NOTE: In some instances, having health insurance will not prevent eligibility for MCHP. Even if you have health insurance, it's best to apply and let the case manager assigned to your application determine whether your health insurance will affect your eligibility for MCHP.)
What are the income guidelines?
Click here for income requirements.