Cecil County Community Health Advisory Committee
Cecil County's Local Health Improvement Coalition
The Cecil County Community Health Advisory Committee (CHAC) is a partnership of community organizations, government, groups, and individuals committed to improve the overall quality of health in Cecil County.
We accomplish this by providing leadership to find solutions to our health problems through assessment, planning, policy development and assurance of quality health services and education.
The Community Health Advisory Committee is part of the Maryland State Health Improvement Process (SHIP).
Read the final narrative for Cecil County
Community Health Advisory Committee Leadership and Contact Information
|Stephanie Garrity, MS
Cecil County Health Department
401 Bow Street
Elkton, MD 21921
Jean-Marie Donahoo, MPH-HP|
Community Benefits Coordinator
106 Bow Street
Elkton, MD 21921
The Cecil County Community Health Advisory Committee works closely with the following task forces:
- Cecil County Alcohol & Drug Council
John Bennett (retired public school teacher), Chair
- Cancer Task Force
Dr. Irfan Hisamuddin (Gastroenterologist), Chair
- Healthy Lifestyles Task Force (No Chair at present)
- Mental Health Core Service Agency Advisory Board (No Chair at present)
- Tobacco Task Force
Tyra Kenly (Department of Juvenile Services), Chair
The Community Health Advisory Committee meets twice a year at Cecil County Health Department, with additional meetings scheduled as needed.
NEXT MEETING: January 16, 2014 at 4:30pm in the Cecil County Health Department Auditorium
Past Committee Meetings:
July 18, 2013
January 17, 2013
Local/Regional Community Health Assessments other related documents.
- Community Health Plan
- 2009 Community Health Survey Report
- 2004 Community Health Survey Report
- 1999 Community Health Survey Report
- Community Health Plan based on Healthy People 2010
- Union Hospital Community Benefits Page
- Union Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment