Cecil County Mental Health Core Service Agency
The Cecil County Core Service Agency assures the existence and timely access to quality Public Mental Health Services for eligible Cecil County residents and their families, suffering from the devastating effects of acute, as well as, serious persistent mental illness.
Functions of the Cecil County Core Service Agency
- To work collaboratively with, Mental Hygiene Administration (MHA) and Maryland's APS Healthcare (MAPS-MD) the Administrative Service Organization to coordinate and administer Maryland's Public Mental Health System (PMHS).
- To plan, develop, and manage a full range of treatment and rehabilitation services for Cecil County consumers with serious mental illness.
- To handle consumer complaints, grievances, and appeals.
- To assure consumer access and consumer rights
How Can The Cecil County Core Service Agency Help Me?
You (or someone you know) can get help from the Cecil County CSA if:
Maryland's PMHS is set up to meet your mental health needs anywhere in the state. Services covered include:
- 24-hour crisis help
- Outpatient therapy
- Residential rehabilitation
- Supported living
- Other community-based outpatient mental health services
- Residential treatment
- Rehabilitation services
- Mobile treatment
- Day treatment
How Do I Obtain Medicaid?
- File application through the local Department of Social Services (individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) automatically receive Medicaid.
- Pick up an application at: Cecil County Department of Social Services,
170 East Main Street
Elkton, MD 21921
How To Get Help With Mental Health Issues?
Related Web Sites
- Cecil County Mental Health Core Service Agency
Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 410-996-5112
- Maryland ValueOptions PMHS Toll-free Help Line or Emergency Care
24 hours a day at 1-800-888-1965
For further information please call 410-996-5112.